UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native library `javanet' not found

  • friedrich.kemper
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
      Hello,

      when i try to run a java prog i get this follow error output:

      java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native library `javanet' not found (as
      file `libjavanet.so') in gnu.classpath.boot.library.path and
      java.library.path
      at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:763)
      at java.net.VMInetAddress.<clinit>(VMInetAddress.java:50)
      at java.net.InetAddress.<clinit>(InetAddress.java:77)
      at
      org.soda.dpws.internal.LocalIPAddressImpl.<init>(LocalIPAddressImpl.java:63)
      at
      org.soda.dpws.DPWSNetworks.getDefaulLocalIPAddress(DPWSNetworks.java:58)
      at org.soda.dpws.registry.Registry.<init>(Registry.java:151)
      at org.soda.dpws.registry.Registry.<init>(Registry.java:87)
      at Lights.LightsServer.<init>(LightsServer.java:77)
      at Lights.LightsServer.main(LightsServer.java:71)

      i start my programm with this command:

      jamvm -Dgnu.classpath.boot.library.path=/opt/lib/classpath/ -cp
      $CLASSPATH Lights.LightsServer

      in the directory /opt/lib/classpath i found the libjavanet.so (it is a
      link to the file /opt/lib/classpath/libjavanet.so.0.0.0,

      what is the problem? when i run the programm under the cvm-VM it works.

      best regards
    • tirolepietre
      Message 2 of 4 , May 19, 2008
        I have exactly the same problem. Did any of you experience the same
        situation and found an effective solution?
        Thank you

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "friedrich.kemper"
        <friedrich.kemper@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > when i try to run a java prog i get this follow error output:
        >
        > java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native library `javanet' not found (as
        > file `libjavanet.so') in gnu.classpath.boot.library.path and
        > java.library.path
        > at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:763)
        > at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:662)
        > at java.net.VMInetAddress.<clinit>(VMInetAddress.java:50)
        > at java.net.InetAddress.<clinit>(InetAddress.java:77)
        > at

        org.soda.dpws.internal.LocalIPAddressImpl.<init>(LocalIPAddressImpl.java:63)
        > at
        > org.soda.dpws.DPWSNetworks.getDefaulLocalIPAddress(DPWSNetworks.java:58)
        > at org.soda.dpws.registry.Registry.<init>(Registry.java:151)
        > at org.soda.dpws.registry.Registry.<init>(Registry.java:87)
        > at Lights.LightsServer.<init>(LightsServer.java:77)
        > at Lights.LightsServer.main(LightsServer.java:71)
        >
        > i start my programm with this command:
        >
        > jamvm -Dgnu.classpath.boot.library.path=/opt/lib/classpath/ -cp
        > $CLASSPATH Lights.LightsServer
        >
        > in the directory /opt/lib/classpath i found the libjavanet.so (it is a
        > link to the file /opt/lib/classpath/libjavanet.so.0.0.0,
        >
        > what is the problem? when i run the programm under the cvm-VM it works.
        >
        > best regards

      • abhinav
        Message 3 of 4 , May 22, 2008
          I too have exactly the same problem.Anybody please help

          Thank you
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "tirolepietre" <tirolepietre@...>
          wrote:

          > I have exactly the same problem. Did any of you experience the same
          > situation and found an effective solution?
          > Thank you
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "friedrich.kemper"
          > <friedrich.kemper@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > when i try to run a java prog i get this follow error output:
          > >
          > > java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native library `javanet' not found (as
          > > file `libjavanet.so') in gnu.classpath.boot.library.path and
          > > java.library.path
          > > at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:763)
          > > at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:662)
          > > at java.net.VMInetAddress.<clinit>(VMInetAddress.java:50)
          > > at java.net.InetAddress.<clinit>(InetAddress.java:77)
          > > at

          org.soda.dpws.internal.LocalIPAddressImpl.<init>(LocalIPAddressImpl.java:63)
          > > at

          org.soda.dpws.DPWSNetworks.getDefaulLocalIPAddress(DPWSNetworks.java:58)
          > > at org.soda.dpws.registry.Registry.<init>(Registry.java:151)
          > > at org.soda.dpws.registry.Registry.<init>(Registry.java:87)
          > > at Lights.LightsServer.<init>(LightsServer.java:77)
          > > at Lights.LightsServer.main(LightsServer.java:71)
          > >
          > > i start my programm with this command:
          > >
          > > jamvm -Dgnu.classpath.boot.library.path=/opt/lib/classpath/ -cp
          > > $CLASSPATH Lights.LightsServer
          > >
          > > in the directory /opt/lib/classpath i found the libjavanet.so (it is a
          > > link to the file /opt/lib/classpath/libjavanet.so.0.0.0,
          > >
          > > what is the problem? when i run the programm under the cvm-VM it
          works.

          > > best regards

        • lightbit
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008

            have you tried the SableVM? I've successfully used sockets with this
            VM.

            Some installation remarks: Before installing the package sablevm
            remove the package classpath. Ensure that the packages popt and zlib
            are installed. Because of missing dependencies these packages are not
            automatically installed.

            You have one drawback with the SableVM: It complies only to J2SE 1.4.
            Therefore tell your java compiler to generate class files only for
            this version.

            Mathias