Re: Revert to stock FW

  • greep_man
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2008
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > greep_man wrote:
      > > Okay, call me a newbie, but I'm having an awfully hard time
      reverting
      > > back to stock FW on one of my slugs. I've got a knoppix CD, but
      am
      > > unfamiliar enough that the current instructions on the
      NSLU2-Linux
      > > site are, for me, incomplete. It says you can do it with another
      > > Unslung Slug, but when I SSH into my other Slug (the one I'm
      keeping),
      > > and enter upslug2 --target="00:18:39:36:3a:ce"
      > > --image="/don/NSLU2_V23R63.bin" I get: eth0: No such device:
      error
      > > using device [N12NSLU2Upgrade9WireErrorE]
      > >
      > > Now, since I've ssh'd in the unslung slug as root, I should
      think that
      > > the eth0 is a valid device.
      > >
      > > What the heck am I missing here?
      >
      > It's ixp0 on Unslung. Add "-d ixp0" to your command line...
      >
      > Mike (mwester)

      Thanks!! That did the trick!! For others' reference, using Knoppix,
      I ssh'd into root of the keeper slug (realizing, now, I could've
      done it in Knoppix or ssh from my Windows machine) 'Ipkg install
      uplsug2' to install the Upslug2 tool. Then (making sure you put the
      stock FW .bin file somewhere in the drive, mine was in
      sub-directory /don/) typed 'upslug2 -d ixp0 -i
      "/don/NSLU2_V23R63.bin"'.

      I hope this helps someone else.

      THANKS again!!
      Greep_man