Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: SIS-PM in Unslung

  • Scott Ruckh
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
      This is what you said kertby
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Waking up this discussion!
      >
      > If anyone have the ipkg package for Unslung 6.8, or just the compiled
      > binary, I would really appreciate to get a copy of it.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Daniel
      >
      > URL1: Gembird info: http://www.gembird.cn/main.asp?mode=item&N=5915
      > URL2: Sourceforge sw: http://sispmctl.sourceforge.net/
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Tumaini <hem@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> Tumaini wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Hello!
      >> > I have an Unslung NSLU2 presently being used as an ftp-server and
      >> > media-server.
      >> > I also have a Gembird SIS-PM with 4 sockets that can be controlled via
      >> > usb.
      >> > Now, I read that it could be controlled from the slug, but I can
      > only find
      >> > information for SlugOS/BE (OpenSlug), so I'm suspecting it's not
      > compiled
      >> > for Unslung?
      >> > I'm not very comfortable with Linux terminals or compiling, so I'm not
      >> > sure if I could handle SlugOS/BE correctly, but has anyone
      > compiled the
      >> > SlugOS/BE-package for the SIS-PM to work with Unslung (if it's
      > possible)?
      >> > I'm very grateful for any help, I'm trying to learn how Linux-systems
      >> > work, but it takes time...
      >> >

      >> Does anyone know anything about this?
      >> I'd be very grateful for any help, even if it's just "it's impossible to
      >> recompile the program for Unslung, it would have to be rewritten from
      >> scratch".
      >> --

      Not sure if this group allows attachments, but you can try using the attached .mk file and following the directions at
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware .

      I have no way to test this package, and I do not have write access to the SVN repository.

      This is using the 2.7 version of the source code that can be found here:

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/sispmctl

      There is no magic in the .mk file, but it did build an .ipk file. That is really all I can verify.