Before I Buy -- Services

  • rgm40lat
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2004
      DHCP services support?

      802.1Q vlan tags (support trunking so the NSLU2 can be on multiple
      VLANs so it can answer DHCP queries from each).

      Are any of the distros for it going to use yum for updates? (and that
      way I could keep my Samba and OpenLDAP current).

      Print services? I have an HP printer on my network, and I may want to
      run SMB print services on this box that would then forward to the HP
      printer (right now a Win2000 box provides this service).

      DNS? Which version of Bind? Can I set it up as a secondary? (My
      Whitebox box will be the primary).

      I am sure I will have more questions on this. Searching the Archives
      for answers is not the easiest.