Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Cross-compiler for Debian/NSLU2

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008
      Daniel Berenguer wrote:
      > Which sources should I download for this makefile? The latest ones
      > from emdebian? Or does the Makefile automatically download the
      > necessary files?

      The Makefile automatically downloads all files required.

      You need to run it on a Debian system.

      -- Rod
    • Daniel Berenguer
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
        Hi Rod,

        I'm trying to install the Debian/NSLU2 toolchain on my Ubuntu 6.0.6 PC
        (Ubuntu is Debian-based) but I get this error:

        TARGET=arm-linux-gnu fakeroot debian/rules binary-cross )
        make[1]: Entering directory
        `/home/daniel/Debian_NSLU2/binutils-2.16.1cvs20060117'
        make[1]: *** No rule to make target `binary-cross'. Stop.
        make[1]: Leaving directory
        `/home/daniel/Debian_NSLU2/binutils-2.16.1cvs20060117'
        make: ***
        [binutils-arm-linux-gnu_2.16.1cvs20060117-1ubuntu2.1_i386.deb] Error 2

        Tomorrow I'll install Debian on a spare laptop and I'll try again, but
        I think that this is a more generic problem.

        Did anyone see this problem before?

        Thank you very much for your help,

        Daniel.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
          You really need to be running Debian testing at least to be able to use this Makefile. Gordon F was the last to update it I believe (I'm not near a computer for 2 weeks, so can't check myself).