Re: Cross-compiler for Debian/NSLU2

  • Daniel Berenguer
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008
      Thanks Rod!

      Which sources should I download for this makefile? The latest ones
      from emdebian? Or does the Makefile automatically download the
      necessary files?

      Daniel.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008
        Daniel Berenguer wrote:
        > Which sources should I download for this makefile? The latest ones
        > from emdebian? Or does the Makefile automatically download the
        > necessary files?

        The Makefile automatically downloads all files required.

        You need to run it on a Debian system.

        -- Rod
      • Daniel Berenguer
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
          Hi Rod,

          I'm trying to install the Debian/NSLU2 toolchain on my Ubuntu 6.0.6 PC
          (Ubuntu is Debian-based) but I get this error:

          TARGET=arm-linux-gnu fakeroot debian/rules binary-cross )
          make[1]: Entering directory
          `/home/daniel/Debian_NSLU2/binutils-2.16.1cvs20060117'
          make[1]: *** No rule to make target `binary-cross'. Stop.
          make[1]: Leaving directory
          `/home/daniel/Debian_NSLU2/binutils-2.16.1cvs20060117'
          make: ***
          [binutils-arm-linux-gnu_2.16.1cvs20060117-1ubuntu2.1_i386.deb] Error 2

          Tomorrow I'll install Debian on a spare laptop and I'll try again, but
          I think that this is a more generic problem.

          Did anyone see this problem before?

          Thank you very much for your help,

          Daniel.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
            You really need to be running Debian testing at least to be able to use this Makefile. Gordon F was the last to update it I believe (I'm not near a computer for 2 weeks, so can't check myself).