Desperately Seeking scsi-idle

  • allthedecentnameshavegone
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2008
      Hello all.

      I'm wanting to get my hard drives to spin down when not in use -
      they're internal drives on USB-IDE adaptors, and there's no built in
      spin down functionality. I've seen mention of a package called
      scsi-idle here:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/SpinDownUSBHarddisks#method3

      ...which suggests that there was a binary package in the files section
      of this group, but it looks like it's gone. So far I've managed to get
      uNSLUng installed, and installed a variety of packages through ipkg,
      and hand-rolled extra samba rules, plus I've compiled software on my
      Ubuntu box and Asus Eee, but I've only ever followed directions to
      achieve the results.

      Could anyone either put the binary back there or, better still,
      outline what I need to do to get a build environment under uNSLUng and
      what to do with scsi-idle once I've got it? I'd go through a
      trial-and-error approach but with a toddler running about the house I
      get little time to do this!

      Steve