Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Cross-compiler for Debian/NSLU2

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2008
      Daniel Berenguer wrote:
      > Ok, I've tried to install the cross-toolchain maintained by emdebian
      > but there are a lot of broken dependencies in my Ubuntu PC.

      You should be able to build a cross-compiler using this Makefile:

      http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/debian/trunk/toolchain/Makefile

      -- Rod
    • Daniel Berenguer
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008
        Thanks Rod!

        Which sources should I download for this makefile? The latest ones
        from emdebian? Or does the Makefile automatically download the
        necessary files?

        Daniel.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008
          Daniel Berenguer wrote:
          > Which sources should I download for this makefile? The latest ones
          > from emdebian? Or does the Makefile automatically download the
          > necessary files?

          The Makefile automatically downloads all files required.

          You need to run it on a Debian system.

          -- Rod
        • Daniel Berenguer
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
            Hi Rod,

            I'm trying to install the Debian/NSLU2 toolchain on my Ubuntu 6.0.6 PC
            (Ubuntu is Debian-based) but I get this error:

            TARGET=arm-linux-gnu fakeroot debian/rules binary-cross )
            make[1]: Entering directory
            `/home/daniel/Debian_NSLU2/binutils-2.16.1cvs20060117'
            make[1]: *** No rule to make target `binary-cross'. Stop.
            make[1]: Leaving directory
            `/home/daniel/Debian_NSLU2/binutils-2.16.1cvs20060117'
            make: ***
            [binutils-arm-linux-gnu_2.16.1cvs20060117-1ubuntu2.1_i386.deb] Error 2

            Tomorrow I'll install Debian on a spare laptop and I'll try again, but
            I think that this is a more generic problem.

            Did anyone see this problem before?

            Thank you very much for your help,

            Daniel.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
              You really need to be running Debian testing at least to be able to use this Makefile. Gordon F was the last to update it I believe (I'm not near a computer for 2 weeks, so can't check myself).