Re: [nslu2-linux] Shutdown USB port ?

  • Jeremy Jefferson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5 6:49 AM
      If you want to disable it completely, just umount it.  It'll still consume a little power though.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5 8:19 AM
        ced23456 ha scritto:

        > There are a lots of post or wiki pages about spindown your HD. If you
        > take a 2.5" HD USB, most of the time, they are powered by the NSLU
        > itself.
        >
        > WOuld it be possible to shutdown an USB port on a NSLU2 to cut the
        > power and therefore stop the HD ?

        I read all the post and the wiki too. The most effective solution I found is
        to use the manufacturer's specific software to set HD parameters like power
        saving, acoustic mode (wich also have impact on consuption) ecc.

        I think that unmounting the device (to answer to Jeremy) doesn't really spin
        down the disk.

        Andrea
      • Paul Coolwind
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6 11:56 AM