WD MyBook Essential 500GB Spindown

  • Steve Hobson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi

      I have one of these drives with my NSLU2, with Unslung version 6.10. I
      have natively formatted it, and unslung to it on port 2. The drive
      has integrated spindown after about 10 minutes (I tested this under
      windows before formatting it with the slug), however when it is
      attached to the NSLU2 it never spins down. It looks like something is
      accessing it every couple of seconds.

      I have looked at this newsgroup, and the problem was reported over a
      year ago in this thread:

      The suggested fix seems to be to run Unslung 5.5. I was just wondering
      if there is a better solution than this now? The problem still seems
      to be present in 6.10.