Re: Does Bridge package work Unslung 6.10-beta Release ?

  • spinout_2004
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008
      Re: Does Bridge package work Unslung 6.10-beta Release ?

      Thank again, Mike,

      I have found that my trouble to use the VPN was due to the router used
      juste after the Slug. It was not as configurable as I though and the
      IP frame comming from the VPN through the slug were blocked.

      So I installed on the Slug a proxy, and tada, now it work. It is not
      very fast, but fast enough for what I want.

      My config is:

      EEEPC <-> Samsung mobile phone <----> Internet proxy Bouygue Telecom
      <---> Router ADSL ADSL provided <-> NSLU2

      the VPN is mounted between EEEPC and SLUG through my mobile phone

      EEEPC has web access through my slug proxy

      Result: illimited internet access with edge bandwith...

      I have to read a little bit the documentation of the proxy in order to
      be able to connect to my email account using pop and smtp protocol.
      But today, i can use the webserver going through the VPN and the proxy.

      Perhaps I will install a web server on the slug, ... wait and see.

      It's a very good tiny toy...

      Regards,

      Spinout