Re: [nslu2-linux] Perl Libraries

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
      In message <fqkdb1+ltnf@...>, ian_jefferyes
      <nslu2@...> writes
      >Hi,
      >
      >I am trying to get a perl script to run but do not know how to install
      >the additional libraries.
      >
      >The readme for the file states:
      >- Perl 5.6+
      >ftpsync.pl was initially developed on Perl 5.6.0-81 on SuSE Linux 7.2
      >
      >- File::Find, IO::Handle
      >IMHO parts of the basic perl package.
      >
      >- Net::FTP
      >Part of the libnet-perl package.
      >
      >- File::Listing
      >Part of the libwww-perl package.
      >
      >Now, I am assuming that the standard perl package will be sufficient
      >for the first two, but I am not sure about the next two.

      You can natively build the missing modules on the NSLU2 using a CPAN
      shell. If you go down this route you will need as a minimum the
      following list of programs (CPAN askes for the location of this list the
      first time CPAN is run), located either in /opt/bin or /bin. If any
      are missing then you will need to load them from the package feeds.
      gzip
      tar
      unzip
      make
      lynx
      wget
      ncftpget
      ftp
      gpg
      less

      Also you will need some of the building tools.

      Login as root at a console prompt and type

      perl -MCPAN -e shell

      To build File::Listing, type

      install File::Listing

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
        Ian,

        you could also take a look at http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=128077

        Martin

        ian_jefferyes <nslu2@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        I am trying to get a perl script to run but do not know how to install
        the additional libraries.

        The readme for the file states:
        - Perl 5.6+
        ftpsync.pl was initially developed on Perl 5.6.0-81 on SuSE Linux 7.2

        - File::Find, IO::Handle
        IMHO parts of the basic perl package.

        - Net::FTP
        Part of the libnet-perl package.

        - File::Listing
        Part of the libwww-perl package.

        Now, I am assuming that the standard perl package will be sufficient
        for the first two, but I am not sure about the next two.

        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Ian

        Rise to the challenge for Sport Relief with Yahoo! for Good

      • Brian Zhou
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
          perl-libwww ipk has been in the feed.

          perl-libnet ipk should be in the feed now.

          Cheers,

          -Brian