Perl Libraries

  • ian_jefferyes
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4 1:01 PM

      I am trying to get a perl script to run but do not know how to install
      the additional libraries.

      The readme for the file states:
      - Perl 5.6+
      ftpsync.pl was initially developed on Perl 5.6.0-81 on SuSE Linux 7.2

      - File::Find, IO::Handle
      IMHO parts of the basic perl package.

      - Net::FTP
      Part of the libnet-perl package.

      - File::Listing
      Part of the libwww-perl package.

      Now, I am assuming that the standard perl package will be sufficient
      for the first two, but I am not sure about the next two.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Ian
    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4 4:01 PM
        In message <fqkdb1+ltnf@...>, ian_jefferyes
        <nslu2@...> writes
        >Hi,
        >
        >I am trying to get a perl script to run but do not know how to install
        >the additional libraries.
        >
        >The readme for the file states:
        >- Perl 5.6+
        >ftpsync.pl was initially developed on Perl 5.6.0-81 on SuSE Linux 7.2
        >
        >- File::Find, IO::Handle
        >IMHO parts of the basic perl package.
        >
        >- Net::FTP
        >Part of the libnet-perl package.
        >
        >- File::Listing
        >Part of the libwww-perl package.
        >
        >Now, I am assuming that the standard perl package will be sufficient
        >for the first two, but I am not sure about the next two.

        You can natively build the missing modules on the NSLU2 using a CPAN
        shell. If you go down this route you will need as a minimum the
        following list of programs (CPAN askes for the location of this list the
        first time CPAN is run), located either in /opt/bin or /bin. If any
        are missing then you will need to load them from the package feeds.
        gzip
        tar
        unzip
        make
        lynx
        wget
        ncftpget
        ftp
        gpg
        less

        Also you will need some of the building tools.

        Login as root at a console prompt and type

        perl -MCPAN -e shell

        To build File::Listing, type

        install File::Listing

        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5 1:23 AM
          Ian,

          you could also take a look at http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=128077

          Martin

          ian_jefferyes <nslu2@...> wrote:
          Hi,

          I am trying to get a perl script to run but do not know how to install
          the additional libraries.

          The readme for the file states:
          - Perl 5.6+
          ftpsync.pl was initially developed on Perl 5.6.0-81 on SuSE Linux 7.2

          - File::Find, IO::Handle
          IMHO parts of the basic perl package.

          - Net::FTP
          Part of the libnet-perl package.

          - File::Listing
          Part of the libwww-perl package.

          Now, I am assuming that the standard perl package will be sufficient
          for the first two, but I am not sure about the next two.

          Any help would be greatly appreciated.

          Ian

          Rise to the challenge for Sport Relief with Yahoo! for Good

        • Brian Zhou
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5 9:06 AM
            perl-libwww ipk has been in the feed.

            perl-libnet ipk should be in the feed now.

            Cheers,

            -Brian