Cross-compiler for Debian/NSLU2

  • Daniel Berenguer
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27 11:47 PM
      Hi all!

      I'm planning to port opn-max
      (http://www.opnode.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opn-max) to Debian/NSLU2.
      Could anyone point me to some kind of guide of how to cross-compile
      for this platform? Should I use a standard ASM-Debian cross-compiler?
      I guess that a standard package for Debian won't work on Debian/Nslu2.

      Thanks for your help and sorry for these basic questions.

      Daniel.
    • Daniel Berenguer
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2008
        Ok, I've tried to install the cross-toolchain maintained by emdebian
        but there are a lot of broken dependencies in my Ubuntu PC. Although I
        could get to install Debian in any PC in order to use it as
        development platform for my Slug, is there any way of natively build
        packages for Debian/NSLU2? Too tedious maybe?

        Thanks again,

        Daniel.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Berenguer"

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2008
          Daniel Berenguer wrote:
          > Ok, I've tried to install the cross-toolchain maintained by emdebian
          > but there are a lot of broken dependencies in my Ubuntu PC.

          You should be able to build a cross-compiler using this Makefile:

          http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/debian/trunk/toolchain/Makefile

          -- Rod
        • Daniel Berenguer
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008
            Thanks Rod!

            Which sources should I download for this makefile? The latest ones
            from emdebian? Or does the Makefile automatically download the
            necessary files?

            Daniel.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008
              Daniel Berenguer wrote:
              > Which sources should I download for this makefile? The latest ones
              > from emdebian? Or does the Makefile automatically download the
              > necessary files?

              The Makefile automatically downloads all files required.

              You need to run it on a Debian system.

              -- Rod
            • Daniel Berenguer
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
                Hi Rod,

                I'm trying to install the Debian/NSLU2 toolchain on my Ubuntu 6.0.6 PC
                (Ubuntu is Debian-based) but I get this error:

                TARGET=arm-linux-gnu fakeroot debian/rules binary-cross )
                make[1]: Entering directory
                `/home/daniel/Debian_NSLU2/binutils-2.16.1cvs20060117'
                make[1]: *** No rule to make target `binary-cross'. Stop.
                make[1]: Leaving directory
                `/home/daniel/Debian_NSLU2/binutils-2.16.1cvs20060117'
                make: ***
                [binutils-arm-linux-gnu_2.16.1cvs20060117-1ubuntu2.1_i386.deb] Error 2

                Tomorrow I'll install Debian on a spare laptop and I'll try again, but
                I think that this is a more generic problem.

                Did anyone see this problem before?

                Thank you very much for your help,

                Daniel.

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
                  You really need to be running Debian testing at least to be able to use this Makefile. Gordon F was the last to update it I believe (I'm not near a computer for 2 weeks, so can't check myself).