Re: Debian installer finally working again on NSLU2

  • Nelson Neves
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 20 7:52 AM
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <tom_demets@...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson Neves"
      > <nelson.s.neves@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson Neves"
      > > <nelson.s.neves@> wrote:

      > failed

      > thanks for

      > likely)
      > installation.

      > debian!

      > mirror.
      > was

      > > > Hi Tom,
      > > >
      > > > I've selected debian.uchicago.edu and debian.osuosl.org with no
      > > > success!!! I'm from Portugal and probably this mirrors are to far
      > away.
      > > >
      > > > Finally I've selected ftp.uk.debian.org and it worked fine! UK is
      > > > close to my country!
      > > >
      > > > Also adjusted time zone for UK. Don't know if this will
      > influence, but
      > > > after 10 retries I was getting out of ideias!
      > > >
      > > > Didn't really found out what was wrong :(.
      > > >

      > > Hi again Tom,
      > >
      > > forgot to mention that in my last installation I've cleaned my
      > > HardDrive before re-starting the install process. I saw your thread
      > > where you mention this fact! Sorry for not telling you before,
      > didn't
      > > realize that would make any difference to the installer.
      > >
      > > Also selected UK mirror and TimeZone for UK (same time for
      > Portugal).
      > > At the TimeZone selection my installer also took a while.
      > >
      > > Hope that you solve your problem quick. Good luck!
      > >

      > Nelson,
      >
      > No problem you forgot to mention because it did not really make a
      > difference :-)
      >
      > I'm going to put the rest of my reply in the other thread or there
      > will be two places with the same problem. Please continue reading
      > there.

      Hi again,

      I recently had a problem with my hard drive and decided to install
      debian-4.0r3 and started to have similar problems. I found that I was
      having problems with DNS resolution, probably my DSL router not
      working properly or either my ISP was having some problems.

      Well, just fixed this by adding OpenDNS IP to /etc/resolv.conf !
      (during install process just opened another ssh session and selected
      bash ...).

      Just thought that the information could be useful for someone!

      Once again, thank you for all your help.