Re: Never content - problemtrying to build a program

  • montyny1
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2008
      So, after more time on google I realized what was missing. After
      installing binutils and binutils-symlinks everything was fine with
      building.

      I do still have an issue with ipkg complaining about files already
      being registered. Any thoughts on getting over that?

      Thanks - Bryan.
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "montyny1" <monty@...> wrote:

      > So, I thought I had got my slug configured nicely running the latest
      > slugosbe. Then I think I can do something else with it and end up
      > spending a few more hours, breaking things and starting over again
      > somewhat.
      >
      > So, first of all - I wanted to compile a simple program. So looking
      > through, I install optware-devel, try a simple hello world program.
      > First problem have no stdio.h, surf and install libc6.
      >
      > However, now the problem I'm really stuck at. When I try compiling my
      > test program, or running the configure script, I get:
      > gcc: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory
      >
      > How do I get round this?
      >
      > Additionally, I don't know if it's a problem - but when ever I run
      > ipkg now, I get the output below. I see that most, if not all the
      > files it complains about are links to /bin/busybox. So, I tried
      > removing the busybox. That was a bad idea! Ended up turning up the box
      > again.
      >
      > Should I worry about these? Kind of annoying at the very least. I
      > tried changing the path but that didn't help.
      >
      > Any thoughts on these two issues?
      >
      > Thanks - Bryan.
      > Configuring e2fsprogs
      > update-alternatives: Error: cannot register alternative chattr to
      > /opt/bin/chattr since it is already registered to /bin/chattr
      > update-alternatives: Linking //opt/bin/lsattr to
      /opt/bin/e2fsprogs-lsattr