Set (Re:) Initial root password for angstrom on NSLU2

  • jfpmann
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2008
      I'm not able to update any hosted thing I guess.

      I took the components needed for assembling the image, added a
      password to the root-entry in the passwd file and repeated the last 2
      steps manually to re-create the firmware binary.(mkfs.jffs2 and
      slugimage).

      Ofcourse I had to pass the "make angstrombe"-process using the
      Mastermakefile one time to get all the pieces (and the information how
      the image will created finally...).

      Nevertheless it should be easy for the developer crew to modify the
      related step (i.e.generating the rootfs) so a password for root will
      be set ...

      Regards,
      Joachim