Re: Trouble with Ethernet & NFS (SlugOS unstable)

  • Thomas Reitmayr
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2008
      Hi again,
      some time ago I reported problems using NFS which look similar to what people saw using Krzysztof's new ethernet driver back when it was introduced. Now I did a clean build of SlugOS/BE 4.9 alpha (without any EABI hack), and I get the same errors using NFS.

      Test 1: Pull a large file from the slug to the PC -> no errors
            (this was giving me errors with kernel, will do more testing)

      Test 2: Write many files (~0.1 - 10 MB each) to the slug -> error for ~7% of the files:
            Slug reports: "nfsd: non-standard errno: -14" multiple times

      My configuration:

      * exportfs (on Slug) contains:
        which is located on an ext2-formated HD

      * kernel modules (on slug)
        kernel-module-nfs - 2.6.24+svnr1039-r1 - nfs kernel module
        kernel-module-nfsd - 2.6.24+svnr1039-r1 - nfsd kernel module

      * fstab (on PC) contains:
        nslu2:/media/usb_main/public  /mnt/nslu2_public nfs  noauto,user,rw,async,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,nfsvers=3   0 0

      * WRT54GL sitting between PC and slug, all wired Ethernet.

      I will continue testing with other buffer sizes (rsize/wsize), tcp vs. udp, other file sizes, maybe Samba etc.. Still I wonder if I am the only one experiencing these problems with SlugOS/BE 4.9 alpha.