Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Problem: Telnet to RedBoot on NSLU2 with IP other than 192.168.0.1

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
      nsluv2 wrote:
      >> -- you can enter upgrade mode much easier via the reset button
      > technique...
      > My NSLU2 was made 07.2007 and do not have LED changes describbed in
      > Wiki. So I cant relase reset button in desired moment, to be in
      > "update" state.

      Are you 100% sure about this? If that was the case, you would be the
      only person in the whole world (that we've heard of) who has a slug
      which can't get into reset button upgrade mode. Every other person who
      has initially said they could do this has gone back and looked at the
      LEDs more closely (or in a different lighting situation), and has been
      able to detect the subtle change around 10 seconds after power on,
      release the reset button, and get into upgrade mode.

      Please respond if you are really unable to get into reset button upgrade
      mode after a number of serious attempts, cause if that is the case it
      would be a serious problem for our project.

      If you don't respond, we will continue to assume that it was just a
      problem of not being able to detect the subtle LED change in the first
      few tries, and giving up too early.

      -- Rod
    • nsluv2
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
        Well,

        Maybe I should record LED sequence by the camera. This is my first
        NSLU2 so perhaps i cannot find good moment to relase reset button.

        Regards,
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
          nsluv2 wrote:
          > Maybe I should record LED sequence by the camera. This is my first
          > NSLU2 so perhaps i cannot find good moment to relase reset button.

          We are not trying to hassle you or make fun of you. It really is the
          case that this does work for *everyone* once they work out how to notice
          the subtle colour change which happens about 10 seconds after power is
          applied.