NSLU2 as a dedicated firewall?

  • dystopianrebel
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      If you are using an NSLU2 as a dedicated firewall, please contact me
      or discuss here.

      I want to know about your set-up and how the NSLU2 performs. I have a
      router/firewall that directs port 80 traffic to a Slug running
      Lighttpd, MySQL, and PHP. The Web server has a static IP and it is
      being pummelled by bad guys. I've used up all space for IP rules in my
      router/firewall to block the villains and I need to move to a more
      powerful solution. I assume the solution will be "iptables" but I have
      no experience with it.
    • Yann E. MORIN
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
        Hello!

        On Saturday 02 February 2008 03:33:52 dystopianrebel wrote:
        > I want to know about your set-up and how the NSLU2 performs. I have a
        > router/firewall that directs port 80 traffic to a Slug running
        > Lighttpd, MySQL, and PHP. The Web server has a static IP and it is
        > being pummelled by bad guys. I've used up all space for IP rules in my
        > router/firewall to block the villains and I need to move to a more
        > powerful solution. I assume the solution will be "iptables" but I have
        > no experience with it.

        Try with the 'recent' match of iptables.
        Look in the archives, there already are threads covering the issue.
        Threads are entitled:
        - NSLU2 Cracked?
        - Barring IP addresses
        - Which modules for IP baring

        Regards,
        Yann E. MORIN

        | Yann E. MORIN | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
        | +0/33 662376056 | Software Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN | ^ |
        | http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | * _ * | / \ HTML MAIL | """ conspiracy. |