How to post new new topic to wiki: Information Pages

  • nigelspon
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      I have worked up a semiconductor parts list for the NSLU2 which I
      would like to add as a topic to the Information Pages. The top level
      is password-protected, so how do I do this?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        nigelspon wrote:
        > I have worked up a semiconductor parts list for the NSLU2 which I
        > would like to add as a topic to the Information Pages. The top level
        > is password-protected, so how do I do this?

        Create the page, with all it's content in place, and then just mail the
        URL of the page to this list, and the location where you would like it
        inserted in the parent page.

        -- Rod
      • mr_markas
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2008
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "nigelspon" <nigelspon@...> wrote:

          > I have worked up a semiconductor parts list for the NSLU2 which I
          > would like to add as a topic to the Information Pages. The top level
          > is password-protected, so how do I do this?
          >
          > Thanks

          Like Rod said, but for the uninitiated, we'll use your info as an
          example for others to learn from :-D

          If you check out http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/ you'll see a
          bunch of Hardware and other stuff.

          Type in and go to a URL that doesn't exist, let's say:
          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/NSLU2PartsList

          It will ask you if you want to create the topic. Fill out the page
          saving along the way. Then post back to this list the URL you created
          requesting it be added a locked Area (Info, etc) and section
          (Hardware). (NOTE: The HowTo isn't locked, but the Info is.)

          That's it. BTW, the Wiki is powered by PmWiki. You can find help on
          the NSLU2 Wiki or at the http://www.pmwiki.org site regarding markup
          and other elements.

          G'night, Mark S.