Re: Problem running nfs-utils pgk on OpenWrt

  • white_westieb
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008

      > white_westieb wrote:
      > > pkg did not show up on ipkg list, so after searching on wike found
      > > that version 1.1.1 existed in nslu2 feed
      > > added feed
      > > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable/ to
      > > ipkg.conf file
      > > reran ipkg update, and then installed nfs-utils
      >
      > You can't run optware/nslu2 packages on openwrt.
      >
      > There is a specific optware feed for openwrt-ixp4xx.
      >
      > -- Rod

      Rod
      Thanks for response - this is one area I am unsure of.

      Looking at that feed again, there is no nfs server - the comment
      against unfs3 pkg is to use nfs-utils, which I did, but it don't work.
      Is there an nfs server pkg built to run on Openwrt?
      There is the nfs-kernel-server.1.0.7 pkg in openwrt/kamikaze-7.07, but
      I think its only an nfs2 server?
      Any suggestions?

      Regards
      WW
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
        white_westieb wrote:
        > Looking at that feed again, there is no nfs server - the comment
        > against unfs3 pkg is to use nfs-utils, which I did, but it don't work.
        > Is there an nfs server pkg built to run on Openwrt?

        No idea. None of my openwrt boxes have attached storage, so I've never
        needed an NFS server for them.