Re: [nslu2-linux] Problem running nfs-utils pgk on OpenWrt

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      white_westieb wrote:
      > pkg did not show up on ipkg list, so after searching on wike found
      > that version 1.1.1 existed in nslu2 feed
      > added feed
      > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable/ to
      > ipkg.conf file
      > reran ipkg update, and then installed nfs-utils

      You can't run optware/nslu2 packages on openwrt.

      There is a specific optware feed for openwrt-ixp4xx.

      -- Rod
    • white_westieb
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008

        > white_westieb wrote:
        > > pkg did not show up on ipkg list, so after searching on wike found
        > > that version 1.1.1 existed in nslu2 feed
        > > added feed
        > > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable/ to
        > > ipkg.conf file
        > > reran ipkg update, and then installed nfs-utils
        >
        > You can't run optware/nslu2 packages on openwrt.
        >
        > There is a specific optware feed for openwrt-ixp4xx.
        >
        > -- Rod

        Rod
        Thanks for response - this is one area I am unsure of.

        Looking at that feed again, there is no nfs server - the comment
        against unfs3 pkg is to use nfs-utils, which I did, but it don't work.
        Is there an nfs server pkg built to run on Openwrt?
        There is the nfs-kernel-server.1.0.7 pkg in openwrt/kamikaze-7.07, but
        I think its only an nfs2 server?
        Any suggestions?

        Regards
        WW
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
          white_westieb wrote:
          > Looking at that feed again, there is no nfs server - the comment
          > against unfs3 pkg is to use nfs-utils, which I did, but it don't work.
          > Is there an nfs server pkg built to run on Openwrt?

          No idea. None of my openwrt boxes have attached storage, so I've never
          needed an NFS server for them.