Re: [nslu2-linux] Problem installing debian [SOLVED]

  • Adam Ward
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2008
      On Monday 28 January 2008 03:12:42 Bluechip wrote:
      > Hopefully this group distributes attachments because I have attached
      > parts 1 & 2 of the guide I wrote about installing Debian on a
      > slug. Hope it helps.

      I got it working on the fourth time through.
      What I did differently from before was:
      1. increased the swap size to ~1 GB.
      2. only a standard install as described in the walkthrough.

      The second item may not have had any bearing.
      Has anyone been successful with a smaller swap ?

      I'm wondering if I was running into this problem:
      http://www.nabble.com/debian-slug-not-using-swap-enough--td14726043.html

      The nslu2 wiki references the cyrius site at
      http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html
      as being authoritative, but the instructions given there don't mention the
      need to both manually partition *and* formatting prior to starting the
      installer.

      I was thinking I'd create a new page for the walkthrough, using Bluechip's
      walkthrough if he's ok with that. However, I'd prefer to get more details
      about what size swap is needed.