RE: [nslu2-linux] How to start rshd?

  • Gregg C Levine
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28, 2008
      Hello!
      Ideally you should be using the secure shell utilities as they are more
      secure. But if you insist, rsh is typically installed in the /usr/sbin/
      directory, with the rshd daemon as well.

      Then to start the daemon properly enable it removing the comment from
      inetd.conf which is typically found inside the /etc directory.

      This presupposes that you have installed something which resembles a normal
      Linux distribution instead of sticking with the default one, and didn't
      really use the unslung stuff which is closer to the default one.

      Rod if what I have stated isn't the correct way of doing things, please say
      so, but not in public.
      --
      Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...

      Behalf