[nslu2-linux] JDBC (jsr169) with PhoneME Advanced (cvm) on the Slug ?

  • mongolito404
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2008

      I wanted to try some servlets (namely https://hudson.dev.java.net/ hudson
      and probably others) in lightweight container (
      http://winstone.sourceforge.net/ Winstone or http://tjws.sourceforge.net/
      TJWS ).

      Hudson comes packaged with Winstone. I get Winstone to start (by adding
      xerces.jar in the classpath). But Hudson's initialization fails with
      "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.sql.Date". I don't know much about
      J2ME and PhoneME but I understand that JDBC is an optional package on J2ME
      and that PhoneME build may or may not be build with it. In the case of the
      Optware CVM it is not.

      It can also be added in the bootclasspath at runtime. For this I need a
      jsr169.jar for which Sun provide only the source. For the Java developer
      I'm, compiling these sources seems harder than usual because it has to be
      linked with the J2ME VM (or something like that, I don't fully understand
      the build process).

      Is there any chance somebody has already compiled the jsr169.jar for CVM on
      the Slug ?