Re: syslog-ng not logging upon reboot (manually ok)

  • Jonathon Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
      I managed to get syslog-ng to startup upon reboot correctly now.

      I am using a 1 gig usb thumb drive so I guess due to the slow read/write speed, syslog-
      ng could not start properly when the system was loading.

      For the syslog-ng.conf options I have changed sync(0) to sync(10).

      This means it will write every 10 lines instead of every line.

      options { long_hostnames(off); sync(10); stats (0); };

      Thanks for the input and hope this info helps someone else out.