revert back to stock firmware after debian install

  • paul_ppandg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
      I'm not sure if i'm doing it right, but just in case...

      Does the upgrade mode (holding in the reset button and pressing the
      power button) still work after installing debian ?

      My external drive died after falling of the shelf !! please don't ask
      me to elaborate on how !!

      Paul
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
        "paul_ppandg" <paul_ppandg@...> writes:

        > I'm not sure if i'm doing it right, but just in case...
        >
        > Does the upgrade mode (holding in the reset button and pressing the
        > power button) still work after installing debian ?

        Absolutely, YES! :-) That's the beauty of the reset-button upgrade method;
        it does not in any way depend on the firmware installed.

        > My external drive died after falling of the shelf !! please don't ask
        > me to elaborate on how !!
        >
        > Paul

        Mike (mwester)
      • paul_ppandg
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2008
          Of course it does ! Forgot about quickly releasing the reset switch
          when the LED goes solid !
          Re-install of debian now underway !

          Thanks again

          Paul