Cross Build using Debian Etch r2 Pentium 3 system

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
      Over some evenings I have been setting up a build environment on an old
      Pentium 3 system, running Debian Etch r2 but seem to be experiencing a
      number of un-expected problems that have so far beaten me.

      I have followed the steps set out in the relevant Wiki page and have the
      necessary programs installed and have run the make file to set up
      everything (I think).

      For my first problem.

      All of the build environments seem to set up correctly apart from
      openwrt which fails at a particular point no matter what I do. The
      relevant console output is :-

      make[5]: Entering directory `/home/slug/openwrt/target/linux'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `prereq'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `prereq'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `clean'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `clean'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `download'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `download'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `prepare'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `prepare'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `compile'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `compile'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `install'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `install'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `menuconfig'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `menuconfig'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `oldconfig'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `oldconfig'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `update'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `update'
      Makefile:11: warning: overriding commands for target `refresh'
      /home/slug/openwrt/target/linux//Makefile:11: warning: ignoring old
      commands for target `refresh'
      make: Entering an unknown directory
      make: *** prereq: No such file or directory. Stop.
      make: Leaving an unknown directory
      make[5]: *** [prereq] Error 2
      make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/slug/openwrt/target/linux'
      make[4]: *** [target/linux/prereq] Error 2
      make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/slug/openwrt'
      make[3]: *** [/home/slug/openwrt/staging_dir/armeb/stamp/.target_prereq]
      Error 2
      make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/slug/openwrt'
      make[2]: *** [prereq] Error 2
      make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/slug/openwrt'
      make[1]: *** [package/symlinks] Error 2
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/slug/openwrt'
      make: *** [setup-openwrt] Error 2
      slug@IPAQ-1:~$

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2008
        In message <8jKC1YF+GSfHFw7Y@...>, Robert Hammond
        <rob.hammond@...> writes
        >Over some evenings I have been setting up a build environment on an old
        >Pentium 3 system, running Debian Etch r2 but seem to be experiencing a
        >number of un-expected problems that have so far beaten me.
        >
        >I have followed the steps set out in the relevant Wiki page and have the
        >necessary programs installed and have run the make file to set up
        >everything (I think).
        >

        >For my first problem.
        >
        >All of the build environments seem to set up correctly apart from
        >openwrt which fails at a particular point no matter what I do. The
        >relevant console output is :-

        <Snip>

        I have just run a 'make distclean-openwrt' followed by a 'make
        setup-openwrt' and this installation problem seems now to be fixed for
        openwrt.

        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA