Fetchmail problem

  • allanganderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
      Hi, I'm a noob trying to install an imap server, but am struggling a
      bit. I followed the howto, but while it mentions fetchmail, it's a
      bit sketchy.

      I need to use fetchmail, I think, to fetch from three ISP accounts,
      but fetchmail aborts with "No such file or directory", which doesn't
      help much. I use fetchmail with dovecot on my pc and copied across
      the fetchmail conf, so I think that should be OK. I can send emails
      OK but can't receive them, because I assume of this fetchmail prob.
      Nothing in messages about the abort.

      Can anyone help, please? Thanks

      Allan
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
        On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 11:19:38AM -0000, allanganderson wrote:
        > I need to use fetchmail, I think, to fetch from three ISP accounts,
        > but fetchmail aborts with "No such file or directory", which doesn't
        > help much.

        Allan,

        Try running fetchmail with the -v option, or maybe the -v -v
        options, and see if the extra diagnostic info that it prints helps
        identify which file if missing.

        The diagnostic info can end up either in the system logs or on
        the command line depending on which fetchmail options you selected.
        See man fetchmail.

        John