Different time stamps in syslog

  • alf32967
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008

      I've setup openntpd and it runs fine. But, the log messages are
      like this (notice the different time stamps between the subsequent
      openntpd entries and the syslog MARKS) :

      Dec 24 02:33:10 (none) syslog.info -- MARK --
      Dec 23 21:49:42 (none) daemon.info ntpd[964]: adjusting local clock
      by 1.810984s
      Dec 23 21:52:24 (none) daemon.info ntpd[964]: adjusting local clock
      by 1.747557s
      Dec 24 02:53:10 (none) syslog.info -- MARK --

      It seems as if the syslog utility is not observing the TZ
      environment variable (which is TZ='EST5EDT'). I wonder if there
      are other binaries in the system which could be like syslog.

      Is there a way to fix this ?

      Thanks.
    • Dayananda YS
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008

        Can anyone brief about the difference between csh and tcsh. Any advantages / disadvantages also welcome.

        Thanks and Regards,
        Daya