Re: Slug won't boot

  • Vincent Reynolds
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi Martin,

      Thanks for your post.

      "... but so you're saying that you can ping the slug when Debian has
      started, but you cannot connect with SSH? Is this correct?"

      Originally I was able to ssh in and run the installer, but after the installation process completed and the slug rebooted (which should have been into Debian for the first time) this is when the status light never got past being solid amber. After this point I've not been able to ssh to the device.

      Although I can't ssh in, I was able to telnet to redboot and part of this process required me to ping the slug, which was successful.

      Whatever the problem is I dont think this has anything to do with the Debian installation as I can't even run the installer again with a clean drive - something's gone wrong in the slug itself.

      Is there anything I can test/change at the redboot stage to help figure out what's gone wrong (and hopefully fix it)?

      Cheers,
      Vince.

    • Martin Michlmayr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2008
        * Vincent Reynolds <djvincereynolds@...> [2008-01-01 15:29]:
        > Whatever the problem is I dont think this has anything to do with the Debian
        > installation as I can't even run the installer again with a clean drive -
        > something's gone wrong in the slug itself.
        >
        > Is there anything I can test/change at the redboot stage to help figure out
        > what's gone wrong (and hopefully fix it)?

        Not that I'm aware of. I'd flash the original firmware and see if
        that works correctly or if there are problems with that too.
        --
        Martin Michlmayr
        http://www.cyrius.com/