Re: mldonkey and memory usage

  • Michael Cowell
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2007

      I use mldonkey on my NSLU (under debian), and it works great. But I've
      upgraded the memory to 128 MBs. I seriously doubt if it'd work without
      doing this.

      Michael

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Tim Giffney <swift@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've tried this too on debian and gentoo. On both I had problems with
      > memory. If it's a bittorrent client you're after, I run rtorrent in a
      > screen session - with up to maybe 15 torrents going it's great, over
      > that it tends to crash. Would this suit you?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Tim
      >
      > > I have a NSLUG with latest Debian. There are Samba, cups, micro-httpd
      > > and vsftpd running. All works as a charm nad uses <15MB of memory, at
      > > least top says so. I added mldonkey-server to use p2p networks. I
      > > installed it via apt-get as a standard Debian package. When run,
      > > mlserver get additional 40-45 MB, what makes NSLUG to swap (I use 1GB
      > > flash as system and swap drive) and extremaly slow.
      > > Does anybody any idea, what can I do? Maybe another version of
      > > mldonkey? Maybe another program? To fat Slug is to complicated for
      me,
      > > I am a software man:).
      > > Few months ago I used mldonkey on NSLUG with Unslung, but for some
      > > reasons (usage of more disks) I decided to switch to Debian. On
      > > Unslung there was no such problems with memory.
      > >
      > > Tomasz Frydryk

    • Tomasz
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2007
        I founf the solution. The solution is amule-daemon. Using remote GUI
        on Windows, WITHOUT web daemon works fine and prevents slug to swap
        continualy.

        Tomek Frydryk

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Cowell" <mjcowell@...>