Re: [nslu2-linux] Compliing SlugOS/BE Kernel Module

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2007
      circlotron wrote:
      > A while back I got some help from the group on compiling a kernel module.

      > Anyway I'm trying to add the gotemp driver to the kernel but the
      > format of
      > /home/robertt/slug/openembedded/packages/linux/ixp4xx-kernel_2.6.21.6.bb
      > has changed and adding
      > IXP4XX_PATCHES += "file://usb-gotemp.patch;patch=1" to the end doesn't
      > seem to do anything.
      >
      > "make slugosbe-image" is working - I just can't get my module to build.

      ixp4xx-kernel has been replaced by linux-ixp4xx to match OE kernel
      recipe naming conventions.

      If you look in those new files, you can just add the patch to SRC_URI.

      Ask in #oe on IRC if you need more info - the linux-ixp4xx kernel recipe
      is now written the same as all the other OE kernel recipes.

      The ixp4xx-kernel files will be removed soon.