Compliing SlugOS/BE Kernel Module

  • circlotron
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2007
      A while back I got some help from the group on compiling a kernel module.

      Anyway I'm trying to add the gotemp driver to the kernel but the
      format of
      /home/robertt/slug/openembedded/packages/linux/ixp4xx-kernel_2.6.21.6.bb
      has changed and adding
      IXP4XX_PATCHES += "file://usb-gotemp.patch;patch=1" to the end doesn't
      seem to do anything.

      "make slugosbe-image" is working - I just can't get my module to build.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2007
        circlotron wrote:
        > A while back I got some help from the group on compiling a kernel module.

        > Anyway I'm trying to add the gotemp driver to the kernel but the
        > format of
        > /home/robertt/slug/openembedded/packages/linux/ixp4xx-kernel_2.6.21.6.bb
        > has changed and adding
        > IXP4XX_PATCHES += "file://usb-gotemp.patch;patch=1" to the end doesn't
        > seem to do anything.
        >
        > "make slugosbe-image" is working - I just can't get my module to build.

        ixp4xx-kernel has been replaced by linux-ixp4xx to match OE kernel
        recipe naming conventions.

        If you look in those new files, you can just add the patch to SRC_URI.

        Ask in #oe on IRC if you need more info - the linux-ixp4xx kernel recipe
        is now written the same as all the other OE kernel recipes.

        The ixp4xx-kernel files will be removed soon.