Re: [nslu2-linux] Cant get OpenSSH to work on Unslung nslu2

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
      zedug98 wrote:
      > * I download PuTTY, generated the key pair on my winXP machine, set
      > the public key in authorized_keys, checked permissions for root, .ssh
      > and Authorized_keys 10 times

      Did you check the permissions of the directories *above* root. That's
      the most common causes for this problem on Unslung. If anyone other
      than root can write to any directory or file in the complete path from /
      through all the intermediate directories down to the authorised_keys
      file, then it will not allow the connection.

      -- Rod
    • zedug98
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
        Thanks Mike.

        So I uninstalled ssh, reinstalled it and yes I can log directly with
        the root password. Yay.

        Now to move forward with this key thing !

        -z
      • zedug98
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
          Per Mike's advice I removed the package; reinstalled it, checked that
          it worked without setting a key pair.

          I then did the wiki instructions again and now it works !

          I'm not sure it changed anything permission-wise...

          Anyway thanks for your quick support !

          -z