[nslu2-linux] Dropbear not authenicating new user

  • fatmcgav
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hi there,

      I'm running dropbear on a Unslung 6.8 NSLU2.

      I've created a new user called "fatmcgav", assigned a home dir and password,
      and created a .ssh directory.
      I then created a new Public/Private key pair using PuttyGen and copied the
      public key into authorized_keys in .ssh and made sure all the permissions
      were correct.

      However when i try to connect using the private key as "fatmcgav", it just
      says "No Supported authentication methods available".

      However this method works fine when i'm logging in as root using a different
      key.

      Any ideas why it wouldn't work for the "fatmcgav" account?

      Cheers
      Gavin