some questions on debianslug

  • stino_rides
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2007
      Hi All!

      I've been using debian on my nslu2 for a while now, it's just serving
      files (samba) and running an ssh server.
      everything is fine, almost; here are some things I'm annoyed with, it
      would be nice if somebody can comment on these:

      - top shows kpsmoused and kseriod are running; there's mouse nor
      keyboard attached and I'm not using the serial port atm. are these
      needed? if not, how to disable them (I'd guess rebuilding kernel
      without mouse/serial support is the only way?)

      - fstab mount options contain 'commit=120'. however, /etc/mtab says
      it's 'commit=100', while the option isn't listed at all in /proc/
      mounts

      - /proc/mounts shows a line '/dev/sda1 /dev/.static/dev ext3
      ro,data=ordered 0 0' I've not encountered this before (been using
      gentoo all the time); what is it?

      - more mount weirdness: I had debian running from a USB flash drive
      for a while, but recently switched to a Lacie 2D with the ST350063;
      sdparm --command=start/stop works as expected, but after doing start-
      stop-start, the mounted filesystems suddenly got read-only and cannot
      be written to anymore. mount -o remount doesn't work for any of the
      partitions ('block device is write-protected'), but umount followed
      by mount works for the data partition. moreover, umount on the root
      partition doesn't give any output (looks like succeeded), although it
      does not get unmounted. any way to fix this?

      Thanks in advance!