RE: nslu2 + big disks

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 19:59 -0400, Olivier Drouin wrote:

      > Sorry I didnt have any time to wait, so I bought a 250 go disk of the same
      > model (Seagate baracude sata) and was able to make it work. I really like
      > what this little thing can do so maybe I'll buy one for myself and provide
      > you with the logs. But still, I have a theory, try this if it's not working
      > for you:
      >
      > # mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /share/hdd/data
      >
      > Yes, I know, it's in the doc. This is not:
      >
      > # mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /share/hdd/conf
      >
      > That was a problem I encountered with the 250 gb. I think that was my problem
      > with the 500 gb too. The unsling script was complaining about the "data"
      > partition not being clean but the "conf" partition was not even mounted,
      > hence the error. The disk gets mounted at some point cause you see it in
      > the web interface but it gets unmounted right after. I cant confirm but try
      > it if it doesn’t work for you.

      I am not sure what happens.

      But maybe the fsck fails before mounting the data paratition.
      After that the startup stops and the system hangs.

      It's really a problem which we should solve sometime soon.

      --
      marceln
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
        On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 17:28 +0100, Marcel Nijenhof wrote:

        > It's really a problem which we should solve sometime soon.

        I tested memory usage during a "fsck -fn /dev/sda1" on the
        following filesystem:

        # df -h /
        /dev/sda1 287G 14G 259G 5% /
        # df -i /
        Filesystem Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
        /dev/sda1 38158336 125663 38032673 1% /

        This fsck took almost a half hour and caused a increase of swap
        of 37 MB.

        Does anyone know when and how the fsck is performed?

        Is it done before or after adding the swap?

        --
        marceln