Re: Anyone know how the slug 5V to 3.3V power conversion works?

  • sdm485
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007
      The FP5452 datasheet has an application note that should provide the
      basic design. I just took a look at one of my units and capacitor C45
      is bulging in the same way as ones on a few failed motherboards I
      fixed a while ago. It is possible that you have the same problem.
      There was quite a scandal about it a few years back. If it turns out
      to be a problem, you need a low ESR device in that location and
      replacing C48 as well would be a good idea.

      Steve