Re: [nslu2-linux] SIS-PM in Unslung

  • Tumaini
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      Tumaini wrote:

      > Hello!
      > I have an Unslung NSLU2 presently being used as an ftp-server and
      > media-server.
      > I also have a Gembird SIS-PM with 4 sockets that can be controlled via
      > usb.
      > Now, I read that it could be controlled from the slug, but I can only find
      > information for SlugOS/BE (OpenSlug), so I'm suspecting it's not compiled
      > for Unslung?
      > I'm not very comfortable with Linux terminals or compiling, so I'm not
      > sure if I could handle SlugOS/BE correctly, but has anyone compiled the
      > SlugOS/BE-package for the SIS-PM to work with Unslung (if it's possible)?
      > I'm very grateful for any help, I'm trying to learn how Linux-systems
      > work, but it takes time...

      Does anyone know anything about this?
      I'd be very grateful for any help, even if it's just "it's impossible to
      recompile the program for Unslung, it would have to be rewritten from
      scratch".
    • kertby
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
        Hi all,

        Waking up this discussion!

        If anyone have the ipkg package for Unslung 6.8, or just the compiled
        binary, I would really appreciate to get a copy of it.

        Thanks!

        Daniel

        URL1: Gembird info: http://www.gembird.cn/main.asp?mode=item&N=5915
        URL2: Sourceforge sw: http://sispmctl.sourceforge.net/

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Tumaini <hem@...> wrote:

        > Tumaini wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello!
        > > I have an Unslung NSLU2 presently being used as an ftp-server and
        > > media-server.
        > > I also have a Gembird SIS-PM with 4 sockets that can be controlled via
        > > usb.
        > > Now, I read that it could be controlled from the slug, but I can
        only find
        > > information for SlugOS/BE (OpenSlug), so I'm suspecting it's not
        compiled
        > > for Unslung?
        > > I'm not very comfortable with Linux terminals or compiling, so I'm not
        > > sure if I could handle SlugOS/BE correctly, but has anyone
        compiled the
        > > SlugOS/BE-package for the SIS-PM to work with Unslung (if it's
        possible)?
        > > I'm very grateful for any help, I'm trying to learn how Linux-systems
        > > work, but it takes time...
        > >

        > Does anyone know anything about this?
        > I'd be very grateful for any help, even if it's just "it's impossible to
        > recompile the program for Unslung, it would have to be rewritten from
        > scratch".
        > --

      • Scott Ruckh
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
          This is what you said kertby
          > Hi all,
          >
          > Waking up this discussion!
          >
          > If anyone have the ipkg package for Unslung 6.8, or just the compiled
          > binary, I would really appreciate to get a copy of it.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Daniel
          >
          > URL1: Gembird info: http://www.gembird.cn/main.asp?mode=item&N=5915
          > URL2: Sourceforge sw: http://sispmctl.sourceforge.net/
          >

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Tumaini <hem@...> wrote:
          >>

          >> Tumaini wrote:
          >> >
          >> > Hello!
          >> > I have an Unslung NSLU2 presently being used as an ftp-server and
          >> > media-server.
          >> > I also have a Gembird SIS-PM with 4 sockets that can be controlled via
          >> > usb.
          >> > Now, I read that it could be controlled from the slug, but I can
          > only find
          >> > information for SlugOS/BE (OpenSlug), so I'm suspecting it's not
          > compiled
          >> > for Unslung?
          >> > I'm not very comfortable with Linux terminals or compiling, so I'm not
          >> > sure if I could handle SlugOS/BE correctly, but has anyone
          > compiled the
          >> > SlugOS/BE-package for the SIS-PM to work with Unslung (if it's
          > possible)?
          >> > I'm very grateful for any help, I'm trying to learn how Linux-systems
          >> > work, but it takes time...
          >> >

          >> Does anyone know anything about this?
          >> I'd be very grateful for any help, even if it's just "it's impossible to
          >> recompile the program for Unslung, it would have to be rewritten from
          >> scratch".
          >> --

          Not sure if this group allows attachments, but you can try using the attached .mk file and following the directions at
          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware .

          I have no way to test this package, and I do not have write access to the SVN repository.

          This is using the 2.7 version of the source code that can be found here:

          http://sourceforge.net/projects/sispmctl

          There is no magic in the .mk file, but it did build an .ipk file. That is really all I can verify.