Re: [nslu2-linux] Q: How to make gcc running on NSLU2

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2007
      On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 22:32 -0700, duy_pham wrote:
      > which gcc return nothing.In fact, i can't found the which command in
      > my NSLU2 firmware. I think I would better reload the firmware and
      > start from the beginning. May be I miss something.
      > also
      > 'ls - l /opt/bin/gcc' show "
      > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41
      > Jan 1 07:45 /opt/bin/gcc -> /opt/armeb/bin/armv5b-softfloat-linux-gcc"
      >
      > and the full path invoke still "No such file or directory".

      Probably something is broken under "/opt/armeb".

      I would remove all the crosstool packages and reinstall them.

      Probably the installation of "crosstool-native" worked but the
      depended packages failed.

      The depended packages are
      crosstool-native-arch-bin
      crosstool-native-arch-inc
      crosstool-native-arch-lib
      crosstool-native-bin
      crosstool-native-inc
      crosstool-native-lib

      > I'm a newbie of Linux and I didn't know much about wrapper shell script, I just follow the
      > instruction while trying to figure out more about Linux and Unslung.

      It's not the best way to learn linux with unslung:
      - There are many ways unslung is different from a regulair linux install
      - Most things work out of the box with a normal linux distribution but are
      still more difficult on unslung

      --
      marceln