[nslu2-linux] SIS-PM in Unslung

  • Tumaini
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2007
      Hello!
      I have an Unslung NSLU2 presently being used as an ftp-server and
      media-server.
      I also have a Gembird SIS-PM with 4 sockets that can be controlled via usb.
      Now, I read that it could be controlled from the slug, but I can only find
      information for SlugOS/BE (OpenSlug), so I'm suspecting it's not compiled
      for Unslung?
      I'm not very comfortable with Linux terminals or compiling, so I'm not sure
      if I could handle SlugOS/BE correctly, but has anyone compiled the
      SlugOS/BE-package for the SIS-PM to work with Unslung (if it's possible)?
      I'm very grateful for any help, I'm trying to learn how Linux-systems work,
      but it takes time...
    • Tumaini
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
        Tumaini wrote:

        > Hello!
        > I have an Unslung NSLU2 presently being used as an ftp-server and
        > media-server.
        > I also have a Gembird SIS-PM with 4 sockets that can be controlled via
        > usb.
        > Now, I read that it could be controlled from the slug, but I can only find
        > information for SlugOS/BE (OpenSlug), so I'm suspecting it's not compiled
        > for Unslung?
        > I'm not very comfortable with Linux terminals or compiling, so I'm not
        > sure if I could handle SlugOS/BE correctly, but has anyone compiled the
        > SlugOS/BE-package for the SIS-PM to work with Unslung (if it's possible)?
        > I'm very grateful for any help, I'm trying to learn how Linux-systems
        > work, but it takes time...

        Does anyone know anything about this?
        I'd be very grateful for any help, even if it's just "it's impossible to
        recompile the program for Unslung, it would have to be rewritten from
        scratch".
      • kertby
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
          Hi all,

          Waking up this discussion!

          If anyone have the ipkg package for Unslung 6.8, or just the compiled
          binary, I would really appreciate to get a copy of it.

          Thanks!

          Daniel

          URL1: Gembird info: http://www.gembird.cn/main.asp?mode=item&N=5915
          URL2: Sourceforge sw: http://sispmctl.sourceforge.net/

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Tumaini <hem@...> wrote:

          > Tumaini wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello!
          > > I have an Unslung NSLU2 presently being used as an ftp-server and
          > > media-server.
          > > I also have a Gembird SIS-PM with 4 sockets that can be controlled via
          > > usb.
          > > Now, I read that it could be controlled from the slug, but I can
          only find
          > > information for SlugOS/BE (OpenSlug), so I'm suspecting it's not
          compiled
          > > for Unslung?
          > > I'm not very comfortable with Linux terminals or compiling, so I'm not
          > > sure if I could handle SlugOS/BE correctly, but has anyone
          compiled the
          > > SlugOS/BE-package for the SIS-PM to work with Unslung (if it's
          possible)?
          > > I'm very grateful for any help, I'm trying to learn how Linux-systems
          > > work, but it takes time...
          > >

          > Does anyone know anything about this?
          > I'd be very grateful for any help, even if it's just "it's impossible to
          > recompile the program for Unslung, it would have to be rewritten from
          > scratch".
          > --

        • Scott Ruckh
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
            This is what you said kertby
            > Hi all,
            >
            > Waking up this discussion!
            >
            > If anyone have the ipkg package for Unslung 6.8, or just the compiled
            > binary, I would really appreciate to get a copy of it.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Daniel
            >
            > URL1: Gembird info: http://www.gembird.cn/main.asp?mode=item&N=5915
            > URL2: Sourceforge sw: http://sispmctl.sourceforge.net/
            >

            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Tumaini <hem@...> wrote:
            >>

            >> Tumaini wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Hello!
            >> > I have an Unslung NSLU2 presently being used as an ftp-server and
            >> > media-server.
            >> > I also have a Gembird SIS-PM with 4 sockets that can be controlled via
            >> > usb.
            >> > Now, I read that it could be controlled from the slug, but I can
            > only find
            >> > information for SlugOS/BE (OpenSlug), so I'm suspecting it's not
            > compiled
            >> > for Unslung?
            >> > I'm not very comfortable with Linux terminals or compiling, so I'm not
            >> > sure if I could handle SlugOS/BE correctly, but has anyone
            > compiled the
            >> > SlugOS/BE-package for the SIS-PM to work with Unslung (if it's
            > possible)?
            >> > I'm very grateful for any help, I'm trying to learn how Linux-systems
            >> > work, but it takes time...
            >> >

            >> Does anyone know anything about this?
            >> I'd be very grateful for any help, even if it's just "it's impossible to
            >> recompile the program for Unslung, it would have to be rewritten from
            >> scratch".
            >> --

            Not sure if this group allows attachments, but you can try using the attached .mk file and following the directions at
            http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware .

            I have no way to test this package, and I do not have write access to the SVN repository.

            This is using the 2.7 version of the source code that can be found here:

            http://sourceforge.net/projects/sispmctl

            There is no magic in the .mk file, but it did build an .ipk file. That is really all I can verify.