SlugOS 4.6-beta ehci-hcd missing (?)

  • sdm485
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2007
      It appears that the kernel module ehci-hcd is not part of the rootfs
      on boot. My USB drives are all being seen as 'full-speed' devices
      12Mb/s rather than high-speed 480Mb/s. I see a kernel module that can
      be installed via ipkg but am not sure if you can actually do that.

      lsmod shows ohci-hcd loaded and uhci-hcd is an available module.
      modprobing uhci-hcd into service makes no difference when I insert a
      high-speed USB memory stick into Disk 1 (I booted without any drives
      attached).

      Steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2007
        sdm485 wrote:
        > It appears that the kernel module ehci-hcd is not part of the rootfs
        > on boot.

        Thanks for the bug report. I've just pushed a fix. Please let us know
        your revised installation report after you grab the fix.

        -- Rod
      • sdm485
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2007
          I updated the build and made a new image. I snooped around in the
          ~rootfs.tar.gz and found the kernel module and the change to
          'modulefunctions'. I then uploaded the ~nslu2.bin file and flashed it.
          I then uploaded the ixp4xxbe kernel and flashed it. It boots fine but
          it did not load the module. I checked for the module and it is not in
          the rootfs. I checked for the change in 'modulefunctions' and it is
          not there either. I checked the time stamps on the files and they were
          updated.

          So, the ~rootfs.tar.gz has the changes but I don't think they made it
          into the ~nslu2.bin file.

          I would just upload the rootfs but I don't know where to locate it. It
          is probably in the wiki somewhere :).

          For the record, I made the changes you did by hand and they work fine.

          Steve