Re: [nslu2-linux] New to unslug

  • Brian Wood
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
      Bill wrote:

      > well scrap that question. after I rebooted it works. I guess you have to
      > reboot to get stuff you install to get working. Gphoto is working but I
      > cant find its directory. It should be under /opt but isnt. hmmmmm

      Try which to find the the executable.

      beww
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
        Thats the command! Thanks. Its been awhile using Linux. Ive been using winblows since I got laid off as a systems eng in 2001. Now I can dust off all these Linux boxes I have sitting here.

        Im trying to get this nslu to use a logitech usb cam so I can run it remotely over wifi and also take still shots using a canon EOS D60 over wifi.

        Brian Wood wrote:
        Bill wrote:

        well scrap that question. after I rebooted it works. I guess you have to
        reboot to get stuff you install to get working. Gphoto is working but I
        cant find its directory. It should be under /opt but isnt. hmmmmm

        Try which to find the the executable.

        beww

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:nslu2-linux-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:nslu2-linux-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Brian Wood
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
          Bill wrote:

          > Thats the command! Thanks. Its been awhile using Linux. Ive been using
          > winblows since I got laid off as a systems eng in 2001. Now I can dust
          > off all these Linux boxes I have sitting here.

          Glad it worked for you. Remember which won't work for non-executables
          that are not in your path.

          There locate as well, if you have the db set up.

          Welcome back to the right side of the force.

          beww