Re: [nslu2-linux] Feedback on Latest SlugosBE build

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2007
      :-) Thanks for the feedback! That very specific feedback is extremely
      helpful, and greatly appreciated.

      Let me take this opportunity to encourage others to try the latest builds
      and report back -- this sort of testing is vital for us.

      I think everyone will agree that general quality for the SlugOS (aka
      OpenSlug) releases has been very good -- that's in large part due to the
      testing performed by the community before a version gets released. We want
      it to stay that way. So we need your help to get the next SlugOS release
      out the door (the code is done, it's ready for release from a feature
      point-of-view). At present you need to be able to build the release
      yourself; prebuilt binaries are not available. (We do this for a reason -
      it ensures that the development team gets the highest quality feedback from
      folks who are committed enough to the task of testing to go through the
      build process.)

      For those of you who can take the time to do the build (see the wiki article
      on using the Master Makefile), and conduct some testing with the various
      peripherals and applications that you use, we would greatly appreciate your
      time and effort!

      Thanks,
      ~Mike (mwester)