Rtorrent - weird problems

  • Gabriel Schønau Hansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007

      Hi people,

      I’m trying out rtorrent instead of enhanced-ctorrent, just for the convenience of the gui and manageability! But, after using rtorrent for 4 weeks, a few things really acts weird and bugs me!

      BTW, im on a unslung 6.8 box, with 500 gb USB disk on port 1, rTorrent 0.7.6 - libTorrent 0.11.4

      1. Misrepresentation: rtorrent doesn’t show anything but 0’s at how much data is trafficked, except for rates (current thruput), neither does it show size of files!
      2. rtorrent is WEIRD at managing thruput throttling. If I do NOT set any throttling, rtorrent screams along, but, whenever I put in ANY sort of capping, it slows to a crawl, or shuts down any traffic whatsoever!

      Did any of you out there using rtorrent experience same problems? I sort of suspect, theres some dependent package i need or is mis-configured/installed, which screws with rtorrent, I’d really need some feedback on this!

      Thanks in Advance,

      Gabriel