Re: USB HUB

  • markuswells
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
      It is important that you read up on the wiki about what port is best
      for the OS to sit on and what port is best for your hub.
      I determined that, for me, it was best to have the hub on port 1 and
      the OS on a drive in port 2. That meant that anything on the hub would
      be addressed as follows, I have 2 drives on the hub:
      HDD_1_1_1 and HDD_1_2_1
      There is something about the naming convention used by your slug
      written on the wiki. I DO recommend reading the part about what is the
      best port for you unslug - if you have not already set up your the way
      describe you might be better off starting over. Its really not that
      much work and its much better than fixing the existing OS but that can
      be done also (I do not know how).

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/USBHubs

      Hope that helps
      Markus

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

        Great, at the moment I have unslung unslung to a flash disk in USB2 and a 60GB disk with music on it in USB1 that is being steamed by firefly.

        When I connect the HUB to USB1 and reconnect the music drive, will I have to change the firefly settings to look in a different directory for the music?

        James

        It is important that you read up on the wiki about what port is best
        for the OS to sit on and what port is best for your hub.
        I determined that, for me, it was best to have the hub on port 1 and
        the OS on a drive in port 2. That meant that anything on the hub would
        be addressed as follows, I have 2 drives on the hub:
        HDD_1_1_1 and HDD_1_2_1
        There is something about the naming convention used by your slug
        written on the wiki. I DO recommend reading the part about what is the
        best port for you unslug - if you have not already set up your the way
        describe you might be better off starting over. Its really not that
        much work and its much better than fixing the existing OS but that can
        be done also (I do not know how).

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/USBHubs

        Hope that helps
        Markus

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "James Nahon" <james@...> wrote:

        > Thank will try it out. Do you simply connect additional disks and
        are they
        > mounted automatically?
        >

        > james

        ).