RE: [nslu2-linux] Re: USB HUB

  • James Nahon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

      Thank will try it out.  Do you simply connect additional disks and are they mounted automatically?

      james

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
        It is important that you read up on the wiki about what port is best
        for the OS to sit on and what port is best for your hub.
        I determined that, for me, it was best to have the hub on port 1 and
        the OS on a drive in port 2. That meant that anything on the hub would
        be addressed as follows, I have 2 drives on the hub:
        HDD_1_1_1 and HDD_1_2_1
        There is something about the naming convention used by your slug
        written on the wiki. I DO recommend reading the part about what is the
        best port for you unslug - if you have not already set up your the way
        describe you might be better off starting over. Its really not that
        much work and its much better than fixing the existing OS but that can
        be done also (I do not know how).

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/USBHubs

        Hope that helps
        Markus

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "James Nahon" <james@...> wrote:

        > Thank will try it out. Do you simply connect additional disks and
        are they
        > mounted automatically?
        >

        > james

        <mailto:nslu2-linux%40yahoogroups.com> ,
        > "jamesnahon" <james@> wrote:
        > >
        > > hi there,
        > >
        > > i am running a slug with the latest version of Unslung. at the
        moment i
        > > am using it to stream music using mydaapd.
        > >
        > > what i want to do is to attach a second USB hard drive using a HUB.
        > >
        > > which USB2.0 HUBs are known to work or do they all work?
        > >
        > > thanks a lot
        > >
        > > James

      • James Nahon
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

          Great, at the moment I have unslung unslung to a flash disk in USB2 and a 60GB disk with music on it in USB1 that is being steamed by firefly.

          When I connect the HUB to USB1 and reconnect the music drive, will I have to change the firefly settings to look in a different directory for the music?

          James

          It is important that you read up on the wiki about what port is best
          for the OS to sit on and what port is best for your hub.
          I determined that, for me, it was best to have the hub on port 1 and
          the OS on a drive in port 2. That meant that anything on the hub would
          be addressed as follows, I have 2 drives on the hub:
          HDD_1_1_1 and HDD_1_2_1
          There is something about the naming convention used by your slug
          written on the wiki. I DO recommend reading the part about what is the
          best port for you unslug - if you have not already set up your the way
          describe you might be better off starting over. Its really not that
          much work and its much better than fixing the existing OS but that can
          be done also (I do not know how).

          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/USBHubs

          Hope that helps
          Markus

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "James Nahon" <james@...> wrote:

          > Thank will try it out. Do you simply connect additional disks and
          are they
          > mounted automatically?
          >

          > james

          ).