Re: who can update optware package wpa-supplicant?

  • jjftoman
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
      Thanks

      I get the right version now

      /opt/sbin/wpa_supplicant -v
      wpa_supplicant v0.5.8
      Copyright (c) 2003-2007, Jouni Malinen <j@...> and contributors

      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/fsg3v4/cross/stable/Packages.gz

      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/fsg3v4/cross/stable/wpa-supplicant_0.5.8-1_armeb.ipk

      > > > /opt/etc/wpa-supplicant.conf.

      > > from
      > > > this
      > > sourcecode?
      > > > with the

      > autobuild run.

    • jjftoman
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
        I'm missing the madwifi driver in the build.

        The command: wpa_supplicant -d -Dmadwifi -i mwl0 -c
        /opt/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
        results in:
        Initializing interface 'mwl0' conf '/opt/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
        driver 'madwifi' ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
        Unsupported driver 'madwifi'.
        Failed to add interface mwl0
        Cancelling scan request
        Cancelling authentication timeout

        Who can help me to update the build with a new .config file? So the
        madwifi driver will be included.

        Options can be added to .config to select which driver
        interfaces are included. Following example includes all features and
        driver interfaces that are included in the wpa_supplicant package:
        CONFIG_DRIVER_HOSTAP=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_HERMES=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_MADWIFI=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_ATMEL=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_WEXT=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_NDISWRAPPER=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_BROADCOM=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_IPW=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_BSD=y
        CONFIG_DRIVER_NDIS=y
        CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXTENSION=y
        CONFIG_IEEE8021X_EAPOL=y
        CONFIG_EAP_MD5=y
        CONFIG_EAP_MSCHAPV2=y
        CONFIG_EAP_TLS=y
        CONFIG_EAP_PEAP=y
        CONFIG_EAP_TTLS=y
        CONFIG_EAP_GTC=y
        CONFIG_EAP_OTP=y
        CONFIG_EAP_SIM=y
        CONFIG_EAP_AKA=y
        CONFIG_EAP_PSK=y
        CONFIG_EAP_SAKE=y
        CONFIG_EAP_GPSK=y
        CONFIG_EAP_PAX=y
        CONFIG_EAP_LEAP=y
        CONFIG_PCSC=y

        See also
        http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=blob_plain;f=wpa_supplicant/README
        for more information.

        Hans

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jjftoman" <jjftoman@...> wrote:

        > Thanks
        >
        > I get the right version now
        >
        > /opt/sbin/wpa_supplicant -v
        > wpa_supplicant v0.5.8
        > Copyright (c) 2003-2007, Jouni Malinen <j@...> and contributors
        >

        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Zhou" <b88zhou@> wrote:
        > >
        > > You are correct. I just checked on the official build machine with the
        > > "strings" command against the binaries. Looks like fsg3v4 and
        > > openwrt-brcm24 are two platforms with version problem.
        > >
        > > I bumped IPK_VERSION of wpa-supplicant package, please wait a couple
        > > of hours and hopefully the correct wpa-supplicant_0.5.8-2 ipk will be
        > > in the feeds.
        > >
        > > Thank you,
        > >
        > > -Brian Zhou
        > >
        > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jjftoman" <jjftoman@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > $ /opt/sbin/wpa_supplicant -v
        > > >
        > > > results in:
        > > > / # /opt/sbin/wpa_supplicant -v
        > > > wpa_supplicant v0.3.8
        > > > Copyright (c) 2003-2005, Jouni Malinen <jkmaline@> and
        > > > contributors
        > > >
        > > > $ which wpa_supplicant
        > > > results in:
        > > > / # which wpa_supplicant
        > > > /opt/sbin/wpa_supplicant
        > > >
        > > > I work on a fsg not on a nslu2. The builds are not the same I guess.
        > > > When I remove wpa_supplicant I get the following results:
        > > >
        > > > / # ipkg remove wpa_supplicant
        > > > No packages removed.
        > > > Nothing to be done
        > > > Successfully terminated.
        > > > / # ipkg remove wpa-supplicant
        > > > Removing package wpa-supplicant from root...
        > > > killall: wpa-supplicant: no process killed
        > > > prerm script returned status 1
        > > > Successfully terminated.
        > > >
        > > > It seems there is something wrong with - "minus" and/or _
        > > > "underscore". But where does it come from. I still don't get it. Is
        > > > there something wrong in the fsg build?
        > > >
        > > > Hans

        > wpa_supplicant

        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/fsg3v4/cross/stable/Packages.gz

        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/fsg3v4/cross/stable/Packages.gz

        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/fsg3v4/cross/stable/wpa-supplicant_0.5.8-1_armeb.ipk

        > > > from
        > available at
        > > > sourcecode?

        > > autobuild run.

      • Brian Zhou
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2007
          The best way to have your request fulfilled is to become a developer
          and add them yourself, since you're motivated and have the test
          environment. Go to #linux-nslu2 and some of us can help when you have
          problem.